Monday, June 26, 2017

1967 - 100th Anniversary of Confederation

Hi Everyone. With the impending Canada 150 celebration coming up on July 1st, I have been thinking a lot about the last time that Canada hit a very large milestone. In 1967, I was 7 years old and I remember clearly celebrating the 100th Anniversary of Confederation. In that time it was more of a celebration of those that helped to form our country...the Pioneers. At our elementary school we had a big celebration. My Mom made my sisters and I Pioneer dresses made from my Great Aunt's old dresses that she had given to my Mom.
Last week I asked my Mom if there were any pictures from that time. She felt that there was, so we set out looking for photographs. We looked through many, many photo albums and had a wonderful time reminiscing. But we did not find the photo that we were looking for. A couple of hours later, my Mom called to tell me that she had found it. It was in a frame on the wall right above where we had sat and looked through the albums. We laughed and laughed. I went the next day and picked up the frame with the photo in it, unfortunately the photo had been glued in so it was a little damaged. I was able to scan the photo and edit it to create a layout.

Here is my layout...


Isn't my Mom a talented lady....and aren't we cute? I am the little one in the middle.

Here are some closeups....


I added some stamping to the background.



Product List - Kaisercraft -Storybook Collection paper and stickers, cork Thickers and a tag and enamel shapes from my stash.

I used the sketch #282 from Sketches In Thyme.


I was also inspired by the challenge at Kaisercraft Challenges to use circles and Kaisercraft products. I used circle stamps, stickers & enamel dots.


Thanks for stopping by! Stay Crafty!!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow..gorgeous page. I love all the heritage papers/embellies..especially those clocks! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches in Thyme

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! What a wonderful way to commemorate the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely layout and your Mom is so talented. Thank you for sharing this wonderful memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this old photo. And your page is really pretty. Eli (Sketches in Thyme)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything about this one...from the stamping to all the distressing

    ReplyDelete