Saturday, May 16, 2015

Memories

Today I would like to share a special layout of my Mom & I.


This photo was taken on my first trip to my Grandparent's house. Doesn't my Mom look gorgeous? A proud Mama of her 4th child.

Here are some closeups....




I splattered some paint on the background of the Teresa Collins Now & Then papers. The brads are also from the same line. The adhesive backed gold lace is from my stash.

I used the sketch from Let's Get Sketchy Week 1 for inspiration.


I was also inspired by the following challenges....

Pixels and Paper And then it was May Challenge
I was inspired by everything in this photo except the tea cup....everything else just says...My Mom and I knew I had this photo to scrap, so it was perfect inspiration. From my Mom's hairdo, dress and the doilies on my Grandmother's chair.

Alicia's Challenge for Sketch N Scrap's 3rd Birthday Bash to use 3 of the same embellishment. I used three pink brads, three green brads, three beige brads and three different colours of paint splatters.

Stuck On U Sketches Die cut challenge to feature our Mom's and use a die cut....mine is the butterfly.

Frosted Designs - All about Mom....showcasing my Mom!

It is always wonderful to celebrate our Mothers!


Thanks for stopping by! Stay Crafty!!!





27 comments:

  1. Lovely LO of you and your mom. Thanks for playing along with us at Pixels and Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice LO..THANKS FOR SHARING

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! Very precious photo! I love those beautiful brads! And the splatter is just a great touch! Thanks so much for entering your creation in my challenge! Good luck!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet page. thanks for playing at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vintage colours and feel of this layout are perfect for the photo! I love the brads scattered with the ink! Gorgeous!! Thanks for joining our challenge at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The background paper is perfect for your beautiful layout. What a gorgeous photo! Thank you for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a loving tribute to you mother - many thanks for sharing this beautiful page with us at Pixels and Paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the way you splattered and added the brads to the background, great job using all the inspiration pieces to pull it together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely layout! I adore that background paper! This is gorgeous! What cherished memories! Thanks for joining Sketch N Scrap's third birthday bash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and touching layout!! Love that picture and the way you used the brads!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both stunning and gorgeous page and anadorable photo too. Thank you for playing with both the LGS sketch and Pixels and Paper...a fab combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very beautiful! Love the chipboard title and clear dots embellishments!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous LO and wonderful tribute to your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great take on the sketch and I love the photo, perfect for the chippie title. Thanks for joining in at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful page!!! Thank you for playing with us @LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful layout!!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How wonderful, thanks for sharing this wonderful memory. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful layout! I love your photo!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a precious photo! Love the use of all the brads. Thanks for playing at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely photo and a sweet memory for you, I think. You page is fab and perfect for our challenge. Eli (SOUS)

    ReplyDelete
  22. great page love all the elements thanks for joining us at P&P this month

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely soft vintage feel layout. Well done and thanks for playing with us at Pixels and Paper this month.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A delightful page. I love the background paper... says it all, doesn't it, but I also love the extra embellishments and layers of paper and lace you've added behind the gorgeous photo. Thank you for joining in at Pixels and Paper. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet photo and wonderful page Sandy, love all the element! Thanks for joining us at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a gorgeous page and a special photo! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the special photo and your take on our challenge-thanks for joining us at Pixels and Paper!

    ReplyDelete