Monday, July 29, 2013

HERO

Good morning! Today I am sharing a layout I created for a sketch challenge at Let's Get Sketchy. You can find all the information here.

My layout features my son, Justin's corneal transplant. I know I said previously that it was my last layout of Justin's surgery, but I had one more photo that I wanted to scrap. Justin had photos taken during his surgery because the local newspaper wanted to do an article on Justin's journey. Justin is actually being interviewed today, so the article should come out shortly. The last photo I wanted to include was rather graphic, so I created a pocket to slip the photo into. The photo can be seen by pulling out the "STRONG" tab. I used a photo that I previously scrapped which is of a smiling Justin with the transplant complete! You can tell in this photo that Justin's right side of his face is frozen, but he is smiling!

Here is my layout......



Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. Another awesome layout! Love your pretty product choices! Thanks again for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layout, love that lopsided grin - such an amazing story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your product choices and details, they are perfect for telling the story! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ... love this layout. Love the idea of the pocket for the "graphic" photo ... what a great idea and the perfect way to document this. I'll have to read the article when it is published! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to hide an otherwise not to nice photo to look at in a pocket. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete