Sunday, June 25, 2017

Hangin' Out At The Grand - Lasting Memories Layout Challenges DT Reveal

Happy Sunday Morning everyone. Time for another Lasting Memories Layout Challenges Design Team Reveal. This is the last challenge for June and we are continuing with the theme of "June Holiday Insights". Today's challenge is - June 25th is Log Cabin Day (Log Cabin Day brings you back to a quieter, simper, more rugged era.) Life was rustic and simple. Make your layout a bit rustic and simple: maybe add some torn edges on your layout, neutrals or a woodsy look to the layout for rustic.

Here is my layout....


This photo was taken in the early Spring last year...on Easter Sunday. The boys are posing for their parents on a walking bridge over the Grand River.

Here are some closeups....


I distressed the edges of my papers with the Tim Holtz distress tool and then inked all the edges with Tim Holtz distress Ink - Walunt stain. I added some stamping and rub-ons to the background to add to the rustic look of my layout.


I paired up some word alphas with Thickers to create my title.

 

Product List - Heidi Swapp background paper, October Afternoon - Sasparilla paper, die cuts and 
rub-ons, Authentique alphas and Thickers. The tag, brad and button are from my stash

I used the Sunday Sketch from Citrus Twist Kits for my starting point.


Be sure to stop by the Lasting Memories Blog to check out the rest of the team's creations and you have until the end of June to play along.


Thanks for stopping by! Stay Crafty!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment