Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Mason Men

I have really been into creating Heritage creations and I have another to share with you today....


My guess is that these photos were taken around 1945 when my Dad was discharged from the Army after serving almost 6 years. I am just in awe of the difference in their outfits. My Dad being the oldest certainly appears to be the coolest guy with his suspenders, rolled up sleeves and white pants!

Here are a couple of detail shots....


I created the title with ScrapMatts Chipboard letter banners with Darice twine feed through and Fancy Pants Alphas, hung from Bo-Bunny brads.


At the top, I fussy cut a compass and layered up some Bo-Bunny stickers and brads over the Bo-Bunny Heritage papers.

I used the sketch from Sketch N Scrap #80 for inspiration.


I was also inspired by the challenge at Scrapping4funChallenges to use flags.

Have a wonderful day! Stay Crafty!!!




15 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing layout! I really love these pictures and your paper choices! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout and thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love old pictures and this is another fabulous vintage layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sandy your dad doesn't look old enough to even go in the army! Different times I suppose. You have created a wonderful page to showcase the photo's and the title looks great partly on the banner. Thanks for sharing your vintage layout with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layout! Love the colors and details of your layout. Your dad is quite handsome :o) Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4fun
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cool. Vintage layouts can be difficult but you rocked it. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout, I love heritage layouts, your flags are lovely.
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funchallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always turn paper into art. I love this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What an amazing heritage layout! Love how you used the colors yet the story shines through! Thanks for playing along with Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic layout!!! I love old photos! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your layout! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout!
    Thanks to joining us at Sketch n Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for joining in with Sketch~N~Scrap's 3rd Birthday Month! Love the photos! The banner is great too. Super take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW~ This is simply wonderful! I am truly glad that you shared your masterpiece with us at Sketch N Scrap! Fabulous work Sandy!

    ReplyDelete