Thursday, February 19, 2015

Mom & Dad

It is nice to see the sun shining but it sure is deceitful....the temperature is just frigid outside today! That north wind just won't give up! So what better time to share a layout!


I am tackling my Grandson's birth photos one layout at a time. As I had the pleasure of being present while he was born, I was able to snap these shots of the new parents with their precious new arrival.

Here are some detail shots...


I popped up the two photos using some recycled cardboard backing from a sheet of punch outs. It works great as one side has the adhesive from where the punch outs were removed. It is a great alternative to purchasing pop dots.


I cut the arrow out with a die and layered on one of the die cuts. I also tucked in a couple of pieces on Tim Holtz film strip ribbon.


I used Pebbles - Special Delivery paper and die cuts for my layout. Adding some MME enamel dots, Allison Kreft designer paper clip, vinyl Thickers and Tim Holtz tiny tackers.

Here is the sketch from The Memory Nest - Make It Monday No. 34 that I used for inspiration.



Stay warm tonight! Stay Crafty!!!



8 comments:

  1. This layout is absolutely darling, Sandy!!! I love how you used the sketch to showcase the new mom and dad - so clever! The notepad background and the blues are soft for a new baby page!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so super sweet and I love that little onesie clip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to have grandchildren to scrap isn't it?! The beautiful soft blues work so well on this newborn layout, love it. And a good weight for 3 weeks early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops forgot to say thanks for playing at The Memory Nest.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful colour choice and lovely pictures. The time goes by so fast. Thanks for sharing this beautiful memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect!...love how you used this sketch!, love that onesie clip -cool how you used an alternative popping material! Thanks for sharing this at the MEMORY NEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an A W E S O M E baby boy layout! Just love it! Great take on the sketch too! Thanks for playing along at The Memory Nest! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet layout with a cute new baby!
    Thanks for playing with TMN
    Svitlana

    ReplyDelete