Saturday, February 14, 2015

Chubbiest Cheeks - A Layout and a Technique

Today I would like to share a layout I created and a technique that I used.

I am trying to catch up on pictures of my Grandson as an infant. These photos are from when his parents entered him into the Baby Show at the Burford Fair in 2009. He won for his age group for the chubbiest cheeks. I am sure it was an easy pick for the judges!



And here are some closeups....






And now for the technique....

I wanted to add a journaling card to the layout, but didn't like any placement in the layout, so I decided to tuck it in behind a photo.
I used a piece of recycled packaging cut to the size of my photo.



Added American Crafts two sided tape to three of the edges.


And mounted it on the back of the photo and voila a spot for my journaling.


Here is the sketch that I used from Let's Capture Our Memories #109.


I loved using this sketch so that I could dig into my stash of Becky Higgins Project Life cards. I also used Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks and Distress Ink, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, MME wood veneer arrows, Martha Stewart key, Thickers and the clip is from my stash.

I was inspired also by the colour challenge at a new challenge site called Kraft + Plus. Unfortunately they don't allow you to submit to more than one challenge, but I loved their mood board, so I am showing it to you and linking up as my colours are perfect for their challenge.


Thanks for stopping by. It is another frigid day here in Southern Ontario, but spring is just around the corner....stay warm!


Stay Crafty!!!

11 comments:

  1. Such a fun layout and a little cutie!!! Love how you used the PL cards! I have this sketch bookmarked to play along with too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh that's cute!! Love the small elements and cards! Thanks for playing along at LCOM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant layout! Thanks for playing over @ Kraft+ this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww...cute photo! I'm a big fan of using those [breeding, so it would seem!!!] PL cards on LOs....super idea with the journaling & your colours are PERFECT for our first K+ challenge....thanks so much for joining in:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh he is adorable!..love your take on the challenge..thanks for playing along at K+..x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great take on the sketch. I love the splash of bright colors and that photo is too cute. Love those cheeks. Thanks for joining us at LCOM.
    - Cher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandy!
    Gorgeous photos of a gorgeous boy.
    And I love how you have incorporated the K+ colours from the challenge.
    Happy that they inspired you :-)
    good luck with the sketch challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful to see your sweet page inspired by our moodboard. I hope you will join us next month at K+ Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work, love the use of the project life cards and those cheeks are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh this is sweet - and great idea for the hidden journaling. Thanks for playing along with us at K+

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an absolutely beautiful layout. What a cute picture!!!

    ReplyDelete